Trinity College London Examinations
TRINITY COLLEGE LONDON is an institution with more than 100 years of experience in the design and application of exams to an international level and offers certifications in more than 60 countries all over the world. The English Department at Universidad Autonoma de San Luis Potosi is an authorized center to promote and offer the Graded Examinations in Spoken English (GESE) and the Integrated Skills in English (ISE) examinations.
GESE examinations are available at 12 progressive levels and focus on the skills of speaking and listening. They are one-to-one oral assessment with a Trinity examiner who travels from de UK. At each stage the candidate carries out a number of realistic speaking and listening tasks that show their fluency and accuracy in spoken English:
- Conversation: this involves a realistic exchange of information, ideas and opinions.
- The topic: before the examination the candidate prepares a topic of their choice and in the examination this is used as a basis for discussion with the examiner.
- The interactive task: An initial prompt from the examiner gives rise to an interaction initiated and maintained by the candidate.
- The listening task: Three short passages prompt the use of the candidate’s skills of deduction, prediction and inferring.
GESE 6 This examination is applied to a representative sample of the students that completed the five levels of the English program at the DUI of the UASLP. The purpose of this examination is to evaluate the pertinence and quality of our academic program. The GESE examinations take place at the end of each term in accordance with the dates posted by TRINITY COLLEGE LONDON.
|GESE 1||5 min.||Initial|
|GESE 2||6 min.||Initial|
|GESE 3||7 min.||Initial|
|GESE 4||10 min.||Elementary|
|GESE 5||10 min.||Elementary|
|GESE 6||10 min.||Elementary|
|GESE 7||15 min.||Intermediate|
|GESE 8||15 min.||Intermediate|
|GESE 9||15 min.||Intermediate|
|GESE 10||25 min.||Advanced|
|GESE 11||25 min.||Advanced|
|GESE 12||25 min.||Advanced|
ISE examinations test all four language skills –speaking, writing, listening and Reading. They are available at five key levels wich are linked to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). The asseement is about how the four skills integrate with each other. Each ISE level has the same overall assessment structure. There are three components to the examination.
- Portfolio: a collection of the student’s work, the portfolio is an opportunity for candidates to present to Trinity examiners the best work they can produce rather than the best they can produce on a single occasion in the exam room. The portfolio is learned-led-students are able to draw on a number of resources.
- Controlled written examination: this is taken under formal examination conditions at a registered centre. The tasks are relevant to a range of learners – young and mature – and are appropriate in a variety of cultural contexts.
- Interview: this is a face-to-face conversation with a Trinity examiner who comes from the UK, this component is very similar to the Trinity GESE examination. Assessment summary.
|ISE|| Controlled writing examination: 45 min
Interview: 8 min
|ISE I|| Controlled writing examination: 90 min
Interview: 8 min
|ISE II|| Controlled writing examination: 120 min
Interview: 12 min
|ISE III|| Controlled writing examination: 150 min
Interview: 20 min
|ISE IV||Controlled writing examination: 180 min
Interview: 25 min